Monitor not working frequently, very mysterious
Around 9 times out of 10 when I boot up my computer the monitor doesn't show anything, but the computer itself boots (I hear the Windows chime, etc).
But when it does boot up, it works completely fine - even for a whole day.
Then when I shut it down and restart it will just not work. Mystery? Could it be that the PSU is not powerful enough?
Some extra details:
- I have tried plugging/replugging all cables in, so it's not the cables or anything obvious like that.
- I use an NVIDIA Geforce 8800GT 512 meg card
- The onboard video works every time, if I switch from the Geforce card to the onboard video
- I have had one or two 3D game crashes the last month (in GTA IV), but not enough to warrant suspicion I don't think.
- The computer was frequently beeping at me, with a few freezes here and there, until I cleaned out all the dust last week.
AMD Athlon 64 6000+ AM2 Processor Retail Dual Core AM2
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H AMD780G 5200HT DDR2 VGA PCIE2.0 RAID GbLAN 1394a
DDR2 2048MB(2G Single stick)PC6400 800Mhz (I have two these, totalling 4 gig)
Samsung 250G 7200RPM SATAII
NVIDIA Geforce 8800GT 512 meg
Liteon 20x DVD Dual Layer DVD+/-Rburner Black Retail (DH-20A4P)
CoolerMaster Centurion RC330 Elite Black with 420W + HD Audio(RC330KKRA)