Monitor is not working, but computer is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie

Beta member
I know this is a very common problem that happens to people, but I'm not even sure what to do now. The monitor works on my laptop just fine, but yet it doesn't work on my computer. As I boot up the computer I can hear all the sounds like it would loading the desktop, but then the monitor doesn't work. I've tried replugging everything in, cleaning out the dust, taking out the graphics card and putting it in (Felt kinda stuck so I just left it alone). Does anyone have a solution to this problem, I would appreciate the help. Thank you. I could try to answer all the questions that is needed to help me fix this problem as well :3.

Have you tried another Video source like onboard to eliminate the possibility that it is a dead video card? Have you tried to load anything like a Linux LiveCD to see if it is a driver problem with windows?

Does it not show anything before or after the BIOS splash screen. That is the first screen that says Dell or HP or whatever it maybe depending on the PC Manufacturer.

Well, I plug the monitor to my motherboard port and it worked fine. The only thing it's my graphics card is what I'm worried about. I have a feeling it's dead (But the fan still works). If I plug my monitor to my graphics card and start up my computer, no it will not show anything at all, nothing pops up but I hear the sounds. I have to use a converter for my graphics card cause my monitor uses a VGA port/adapter. I have a VGA to DVI converter which my graphics card only has DVI ports.

EDIT: The three things I'm concern is
1. Is my graphics card ruined?
2. Is it my converter that is broken?
3. Or it's something else due to my monitor

Well we cant say the card is ruined till you at least try a different VGA to DVI converter. After that if it still doesnt work, i would say that it is very likely that the card is damaged.

I will try a new converter, if that doesn't work I will have to result saving up for a new one. Thank you for your help :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom