Monitor not displaying!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuxoR

What choice did I have?..
Hey guys yesterday I received a phone call from my brother saying that my monitor was acting funny (kinda like a snowy TV channel)

When I got home the computer was off and the monitor was in it's standby mode, when I turned on the computer the screen won't wake up. I tried turning it off and on and all it does is say "Analog" then "Digital" and go back to sleep

The monitor works I guess, when I disconnect it the "Check cable" displays but the menu button just displays a "Test Good"

Any ideas? The video card is working and I've taken everything out and back in after cleaning it

The monitor is a Samsung Syncmaster T220, XFX 8600 GT and I'm using DV

Do you have another monitor or TV with a VGA port to test? Do you have another computer or laptop with a VGA port to test the monitor? It could be possible that the monitor or video card is defective so we need to go through the process of elimination. Please let us know your results.

I've had this exact same problem before, honestly I waited it out, played around with the cables and eventually got it to work. Your video card should have 2 ports in the back, try putting the VGA/DVI in that one

Edit: It was a 9800gt connected to a Dell 22" . . . .Yeah, a Dell.

I've tried changing the port and my mum threw away my 2 other monitors...since the cable is DVI I can't connect it to this laptop :/

I will try to find a spare monitor in the mean time

Just connected the monitor to my laptop and it will display the screen mirrored so I guess my monitor is ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom