Monitor, no reponse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddha

Solid State Member
So I got a new power supply and video card. Plugged in both and the monitor does not respond.

In short I am a computer retard and I blame the computer directions of those who will not be named here.

But I needed to turn off integrated graphics before I installed the card. After retrying the old and new power supplies w/o the new card i believe there is something wrong with either my integrated graphics, motherboard, or monitor connection.

Once again the monitor will not respond. It turns on with a message saying "cable plugged in?" I havetried other monitors so it is not the monitor.

I am a computer retard, what is a CMOS?

if you have aim, xfire, or ventrilo and you think you can help me send me your name via pm.

Ok More Detail.

Turn off computer. Remove Case Cover, Disconnect molex from video card. Remove Video card. Locate the small watch like battery on the motherboard and unsecure it. Let it sit out for 1 minute then place it back in. Turn computer on, Enter CMOS Setup by hitting F1, F2, delete or the key that corresponds to that specific motherboard (Refer to manual). After you get into the CMOS Setup locate the menu for onboard video and change it to off or disable. You may have to search around to find the onboard chipset option. After the onboard is disabled hit F10 to save it to CMOS. Then it will restart, push the on/off button to turn it off. Then reinstall the video card. Then turn the computer on.

after i removed the little watch battery i turned the computer back on and i still got the monitor message saying it was not connected.

compe010ke3.jpg

The message on screen says "Monitoe Cable Cnnected?"

if it is the mobo can it be fixed?

It is an emachines desktop in which i was putting new parts, so i cant RMA.

NOt really, The only thing to be tried in this case is to clear the CMOS, and we already did that.

Put the Harddrive in another PC and back up all important files before anything else goes wrong.

And depending on circumstances it may be easier to build a newer better PC or to call HP and replace the mobo.

Is there a reccomended place to get this looked at? i dont want to buy a new motherboard and find out i dont need it.

Uh, No?

Here we are better then geek squad so don't even think about it.

You can try taking the motherboard out of case, dissconnecting everything but CPU and RAM then clearing CMOS again and turning it on. Refer to your manual there may be a jumper you have to change to enable onboard video...

But if it still doesn't work its gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom