Monitor keyboard mouse not working - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 05-27-2011, 12:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Monitor keyboard mouse not working

Hi I'm having a little frustrating problem with my IBM computer. When I try to boot up it turns on but theres no beeps and my ,keyboard, or doesnt work. The monitor works on another computer but will not work on the IBM. And when I turn on the computer the keyboard lights will flash but after that it doesn't work. So what I have tried is taking out the two and putting them back in. I didn't the slots they were in though I put them back in the same slots. But still no success. I just want to know what could be possibly causing this problem and how I can fix it. I tried getting help from another forum but some of the people had to be a smart ***. so please help.

Old 05-27-2011, 01:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description
Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Monitor keyboard mouse not working

What is your IBM model number? Something might be wrong around the board; RAM, HDD, CPU, GFX, etc.

__________________ Steam Account
Old 05-27-2011, 02:07 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Monitor keyboard mouse not working

It's an IBM netvista #8805. An well thanks for the reply I'm trying to fix this comp up to give away to someone.
Closed Thread