Monitor issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
Hey guys

I have 2 monitors attached to my main gaming PC - Samsung 2343NW [23" 2048x1152] and Acer AL1916W hooked to my ATI 5850, which has been chugging along for over 2 months now...

Yesterday, windows decided it would like to update itself, and I let it, but today, upon loading into windows, I find that the resolution of my 23" screen has defaulted to 1024x768, and I cannot physically raise the resolution above 1600x1200, even though the very night before I was happily massacring hordes of pyros in TF2 at native res.

I thought this could be a driver issue, so I reinstalled catalyst, but all i got was the same options, even after a full reinstall of the drivers. I then tried to run the screen on my laptop [running GMA 950] and all I got was the option to go up to 1600x1200... So I took it to my other PC in the cellar [with SLI 8800GTS 320] and got the option to go up to 2048x1536 but not the resolution that is native to the screen....

Its a VGA screen [yes, i know, DVI FTW and all that...], and I tried 3 different VGA cords and even changed the power cord around a couple of times to make sure that wasnt the issue, but none of these helped.

There is nothing physically wrong with the screen, and it even nags me to switch to native res when I am on it normally, so what do you think? bust circuitry? RMA time?

I only got it last march, and the warranty lasts 36 months, if worst comes to worst.... what do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom