Monitor Issue's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyzou

Baseband Member
Hello there,

Today I installed another set of 512 DDR ram to my pc, i made sure i was grounded and the system was completely turned off and unpluged. As soon as i had seated and clipped in this ram, imade sure all connections inside the computer were fine & i continued to boot. The computer turned on fine, all the fans were spinning on the cpu and AGP 6800ultra, and the Hard drive light at the front of the computer was flashing as usual but my CRT monitor is now just staying in Sleep mode. Again, i checked all connections, made sure the ram was seated correctly and there did not seem to be a problem. I tried to boot up again only to be met with the same problem. I then took out the newly placed ram, and tried again with no hope.

I then tried:

-Taking out the bio's battery for 10 minutes.
-Trying diffrent combos of Ram to make sure one had not died.
-Trying another AGP Graphics card.
-Trying another monitor.
-Trying the monitor on another pc to find out it worked fine.

The computer itself is loading into windows, as i have to hold in the power button to turn it off where as during start up i can normally just press it once for it to power off.

Im currently all out of ideas and hoping the brains of this forum could help me out of this situation.

Regards

Kyzou

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom