Monitor Issue (WTF?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyZ

Daemon Poster
Alright, this has really got me stumped. I've been working with computers ever since I was little, I've built my last 5-6 computers and I know what to do with most of my hardware, but this is just weird.

So I went to a lan, and during the car ride, I got my monitors scratched. No problem, I got them replaced. I have brand new monitors in front of my right now same exact models.

I plug them in, and a message appears asking me if I want to install new hardware (displays). I click yes, and it detects it as a Syncmaster 205BW which it is.

I go to display settings, and it won't let me set it to the native resolution of 1680x1050! I have no idea whats going on! The highest I can set them is 1600x1024 which they are at right now and it looks really weird. One screen is really blurry and the other screen cannot fit everything in the monitor and whenever I move my mouse the to the part of the screen that doesn't show, the screen will scroll to that section.

Whats going on guys? I've been running the exact same model screens on my computer for the last couple of months, the old ones were fine! How come these don't work!?!?!?

i downloaded the drivers off the samsung website. I uninstalled drivers for both monitors and installed the new ones. Still the same problem, I get options up to 2048 x XXXX but I sitll can't get 1680x1050 and when I try to add that as a custom setting it says it cannot be added!

Ok, fixed it. Now for my DVI display. Its all zoomed in! How do I fix that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom