Monitor or GPU?

SiZcO

In Runtime
Just last night it started doing this.. my monitor would turn off and on for a split second and back on.. it already has pink lines in monitor and on games sometimes but nothing to bad.. Well i changed to a Vizio 32 inch TV just to see and everything seems to be working fine.. when a monitor turns off and on like that does that indicate its a bad monitor?

keep using the tv for a day or so and if the issue dont happen meant ur monitor is the culprit.

Yep - if the same issues don't appear on the other display, the monitor is most likely the problem.

I would hook the monitor back up and see if it happens again. It could have been a flaky cable connection.

Thanks for the replys. I'm not seeing the pink lines in games I play or lines during videos like I was seeing but yeah I'll keep testing it. Hate to spend 300 on a new monitor and it wasn't the problem

$300? What kind of monitor you planning on picking up?

Got my 25", 1080p Acer for $160 or so.

I feel like an idiot. Well my DVI port points directly down on the back of the monitor i didn't think it was loose.. well i had the monitor on it and was messing with wire and it kept going out and blinking apparently that what the problem was.. i just don't how it even got loose. :/

I feel like an idiot. Well my DVI port points directly down on the back of the monitor i didn't think it was loose.. well i had the monitor on it and was messing with wire and it kept going out and blinking apparently that what the problem was.. i just don't how it even got loose. :/

Check the screws that the DVI cable attach to. They may be loose or you may have one missing; been there, done that. As for how it could be loose it is way too easy to snag a cable with your foot or even for just the continuous tension/weight to slowly pull it loose.

Check the screws that the DVI cable attach to. They may be loose or you may have one missing; been there, done that. As for how it could be loose it is way too easy to snag a cable with your foot or even for just the continuous tension/weight to slowly pull it loose.

Yeah, one side was totally unscrewed.. i was dusting the day before and i must of knocked completely loose then the following day is when it started to act up.. but i'm glad it was the cable then anything else.

Back
Top Bottom