Monitor Goes On Standby In Game

Status
Not open for further replies.

toshirozawa

Beta member
I recently just got an AGP temp card to boost up my computers gaming performance and for the first couple days it was working fine. Now I am having the issue of my monitor going into standby mode in the middle of my games. I can hear the sounds of the games, and it is still running, just my monitor does not have any image.

I previously was using my onboard card, and after trying a few times in BIOS to disable it, and failing, I gave up and just installed the new card. It seemed to install just fine automatically, but now I am reading that my issue may be due to the onboard graphics.

So firstly, anyone have any tips on how I go about exactly disabling the onboard in BIOS.
Secondly, if anyone else has any other possible solutions.

Thanks.

cobalt817 said:
try going into controll panel/power options. and setting "turn off monitor" to never.
I have done that. I think it may be an overheating issue. It seems to happen when I am playing for 5+ hours. A friend suggested I open case, and get a fan for the card. Thanks for the replies anyway how.

I have now discovered that this issue ONLY happens with wc3. I have played more demanding games, Sims 2 and Rome: Total War for equal or more hours at a time and have not experienced any issues. If this is a overheating issue, then why would it be exclusive to wc3? Thus, I am starting to doubt it is a overheating issue. I have no idea what it could be that it must single out wc3. Anyone got any ideas as to why?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom