Monitor goes off

Status
Not open for further replies.

fury36

In Runtime
Ive just recently built my own computer, and i was using it for about 1 hour before the screen went fuzzy and then the monitor just turned off. When i turn the PC back on, it shows the mobo screen and Windows Load screen etc. but then when it gets to the actual windows welcome screen it just goes fuzzy again.

When i was on the PC for 1 hour, i was looking at the temperatures and something was at 51c (i didnt know what) but i think that might have something to do with it. Is there anything i can do, and what do you guys think the problem might be?

And its defenetly not the monitor itself.

No, i havent tried different video cards, i know its not the monitor. So it probably is the video card...

*bump*

my main concern is weither or not it is the video card, is it possible that anything else might be wrong?

is their a high pitched noise? sounds like the video card is outputting video beyond the monitors limites, boot in safe mode & if it works, ensure that the correct monitor drivers are installed, they wont let windows go past its limits, i had similar problems.

BTW 51c is nothing, that shouldt make a difference but im not sure what the northbridge temp limit is

I formated my hard-drive and then it started working again... but for how long :O.

The Temperature reached 51c after being on for 10 minutes, and i was only using msn and the internet... which isnt really allot to make it that high.

And i deffenetly had the right Drivers installed.

My Monitor came with a Driver CD, but on my old computer i used the monitor for about a year without using the Driver and it also says its a Plug & Play Monitor under the propertys. Could changing the mobo and processor suddenly make it necessary to install the monitor drivers?

have you tried without using the drivers? if the problem still persist, it could be the video card.

or it could be the video card not receiving enough power

what kind of video card u have?
what's the watts on your PSU?

Ive got an Asus V9999GT 6800GT 128mb and i have an Enhance 350w PSU.

It might acctually be because of the power, i cant seem to get the power cable to fit into the power socket properly, it just wont budge in, but the cable is very tightly inside of the socket so u need to pull quite hard to get it out... so its deffenetly getting power (otherwise it wouldnt work).

And if i use the video card without the driver, the windows take some time to display when i drag them to a different position... so i doubt it would make any difference without the driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom