Monitor goes blind plus hard disk problems - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2007, 04:14 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Monitor goes blind plus hard disk problems

i have a intel core2duo e6600 2.4 ghz, 1 GB RAM, intel 945gz motherboard, 160 gb hdd. whenever i run the game Torrente 3 the monitor goes blind, i can hear the sound of the game but nothin on the monitor, when i quit the game (alt+ f4) the monitor comes back to life. Why is this. my friend has a pentium 4, 256 ram and no graphics card but the game works well.

second problem
when i try to install age of empire 3 on my computer, it shows error that says it can't copy certain file because it cannot access the file in the drive it is being copied. but the same dvd installs the game perfectly in my friends computer. so help me guys

Old 11-12-2007, 05:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to CrazeD Send a message via MSN to CrazeD
Default Re: Monitor goes blind plus hard disk problems

I'd say the game is set to a resolution or refresh rate that your monitor/graphics card can not handle. Re-installing the game should fix it.

Your DVD drive might be dirty, or just doesn't work well. Try a different IDE cable, or a different drive.

Intel Q9400 | Gigabyte EP45-UD3P | G.Skill 2x2GB DDR2 1000 | XFX HD5870

Need website help? PM me!
Old 11-12-2007, 07:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

you could try using command lines. to do this right click on the shortcut to the game, go to proporties, then go to where it says Target (it'l look like C:\program files\Torrente) or whatever the file extension is, and go to the end of that, then copy this in. (space included) -safemode
that should run it at default mode for res and everything. that should let you change stuff then.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 11-30-2007, 04:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

thanks to you two who posted an "answer" but it didn't work
i did copy it to target like this
"D:\Program Files\Torrente 3\Torrente3.exe" -safemode
but i still have the same problem
com on i really want to play the game

and what abou the aoe III problem, don't you guys know anyhing about it
Closed Thread