Monitor goes black after a few seconds.
So a family member just called me up. Their kids were playing with their computer yesterday, and now the monitor is constantly going blank/black after ~5 seconds.
They say the light on the monitor stays green, but the display seems to turn off.
I personally am stumped. They live a little ways away, so I won't be stopping by there anytime soon, and I don't expect them to unhook it and bring it here, but really, I suck at troubleshooting over the phone/without actually seeing what I am working with. Quite frankly, I have never heard of a monitor working fine for a few seconds, and then just going blank. He says it will happen every time he turns it on. Monitor displays for a few seconds, then blank.
Anyone have any ideas?
I told him to do the flashlight trick, and for him to let me know. I guess the monitor is pretty old, so my guess, the monitor is bad.
3DMark FireStrike Ultra: 4,266
3DMark FireStrike: 12,043
- Intel Core i7 920 Overclocked 3.2Ghz - Megahalem Cooler
- eVGA E758-A1 X58 Intel LGA 1366 Motherboard
- Corsair Vengeance 8GB DDR3 1600 RAM
- MSI Armor OC 8GB GeForce® GTX 1070
- eVGA 650W G2 Modular Power Supply
- Thermaltake Armor+ Full Tower Case
- Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD
- Corsair Force LE 250GB SSD
- OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD