Monitor doesn't work

Status
Not open for further replies.

c0mmun1st4lyf3

In Runtime
well, i have built a new computer, everything seemed to work until i plug the monitor into the video card(GF4SE FX5500) then i turn on the monitor but it turns out blank, and it also says no connection. I've checked the video card because i used another one and got the same results. I don't have a onboard video. Who knows why this is happening and how to fix it? by the way, this computer is a brand new customed computer.

i've tried both monitors, a brand new one and my old one, the video card fits into the slot thus meaning it works for the motherboard. i still can't think of why... i just exchanged the mobo and they said it was broken and also tested the mobo in the store, and it worked fine. hmm what could be the problem?...

Any beeps on start up? Does the computer seem to run up despite the video, HDD activity ect.
Has the bios got any settings saying which card to look at on startup?

Lemme repost my problem...Ive recently tried to built my third home-made computer and i experience a problem where the monitor shows up blank when i try to boot my computer(the heatsink and case fan seems to be spinning). Ive tried unplugging everything and pluggint it back in but still didnt work im using a FX5500 AGP video card...not a PCI so it shouldnt matter...i tried changing to my old radeon 9200se but stilll didnt work. I tried changing the CPU from a 3200+ to my old 3000+ and didnt work. Got the motherboard tested and it works. Tried Changing the RAM from a pqi PC2700 to a Corsair PC3200 and didnt work. Ran out of ideas of what can be wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom