Monitor or Desktop problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sneakypants

Baseband Member
I'm playing counter-strike on 1.6 with a 9600gt which im sure can handle the game at a good 100fps. But for some reason when i play for a good hour or so, my monitor goes BLACK for no reason and the green light goes orange(monitor goes standby) my computer is working perfectly.I have to restart my computer everytime this happens. Whats wrong?

im sure i had a prob like that before but it wasnt to do with my graphics card..
have u put in a new processor lately or have u maybe hit it while puttin something in cos when it was happenin to me it was because my processor fan wasnt attached correctly and so my processor was overheating..

my processor is fine and stuff. its running at like 36 degrees celsius i donno dude but my sound right, it keeps repeating what ever happened when it froze. i think my computer just freezes in game. it doesnt happen when im not playing games. when im playing cs the monitor goes on standby and my computer just freezes.

Ok i just experienced it again im gonna list what happens.
1.Monitor goes standby
2.My sound repeats itself over and over the RED LIGHT on my desktop by the power button is still blinking
3.After around 10 seconds the sound switches to a DEEDEEDEEDEE sound and the red light stops blinking, my computer is still on thought because my blue fan light is still on

What could be wrong?
Programs i have on Ventrilo, Counter-Strike, AIM. It cant be a virus because i only got the computer last night and only installed a couple of games and ventrilo/AIM.

i dont know how to overclock, i fell asleep last night so my computer was kept on all night and it seems to be fine this morning. I'm guessing its the game, any ideas?

oh i am downloading memtest now but it comes in a bin file i donno what i should do with the ffile

Download the .iso here and burn it to CD. Then restart your computer with the CD in the drive and memtest should start on it's own.

If it doesn't just change the boot sequence in BIOS so that your CD/DVD drive boots first. Let the program run for at least 8 hours. If you see any number under FAIL other than 0 then you have bad memory.

my friend also says it could be my video card overheating.

i have a super clocked version of evga's 9600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom