Monitor Configuration

insane84722

In Runtime
I have two video cards (gtx 970, 570) which I have two monitors each. Two dvi on the 570 and one display port and one dvi on the 970. About 90% of the time when I start windows, the configuration I have set is messed up.

For example, if I have all monitors except my main (display port) disabled, upon starting, it is reversed - main display disabled, other three enabled.

I have searched and tried a hotfix I found to no avail. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Can you list all of the outputs on both cards, and all of the inputs on all four monitors? I know it's a hassle but I'd be surprised if there isn't a more efficient configuration of connection that might make the problem moot. At worst you might just need an HDMI to DVI and/or DP to DVI adaptors. That's on the assumption that connecting all monitors to one card would improve the situation (doing so generally simplifies things significantly).

There's also a possibility that Windows is initialising one GPU before the other, and loading the display configuration based on that. Physically switching the GPUs around might alleviate this, but I'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:
agree with Yami about trying to switch them, My MB has a LED that lights up as there booting up and the top slot turns on first then the other so It may be turning the wrong one on first.

Back
Top Bottom