Monitor and computer no signal - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2018, 10:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Monitor and computer no signal

I'll try to make this as detailed and informational as possible.

I was on my conputer when I decided to restart it. When it did, the starting screen was completely green and it was frozen like that. Right away i knew it was an HDMI problem because this has happend before. I was moving my cable around like an antenna to see if I can get it to stop showing colors, but instead it went black. I decided to unplug my HDMI port And plug it back in. When I took it out it was missing that outer casing and looks like a ton of metal strings sticking out. I assumed the cable was bad so I removed it and put another one in to both my monitor and computer. When I turned on my computer it said no signal. I tried removing it and replugging it, turning off the power, googling solutions And nothing worked. How can I get my monitor to recognize my pc?

Old 07-15-2018, 05:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Monitor and computer no signal

If you pulled it out the remains might be stuck in the port. Depending on what your GPU/monitor solution is try a different port on the card.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 06:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Re: Monitor and computer no signal

I only have one port. I looked into my port and it looks clean and nothing seems to be in it.