Monitor and buttons stop responding on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

SBC

Beta member
Ok, dont really think i would need to list my hardware and stuff for this. Ive been told it was a psu problem, so i will say mine is a 425W in case thats relevant. Sometimes when i start the computer up, once it gets past the XP screen where it should come to the login screen, the monitor makes the sizzly static noise, it goes off. The red busy light on the front of the case stays on, the light on the power button goes out, the fans stay running, and the light on (i dont know if its the mobo or the processor, whichever one the video card and stuff plug into) turns off. I cant use the restart button or power button, i have to use the switch in the back. Sometimes i can get past it and login, such as now. Other times, it can take an hour to get on the **** thing. At first everyone told me it was an overheating problem, but it has 5 fans in it now, and it still does it. I just dont know what the heck is up. I have also woke up in the morning to find the monitor and stuff not responding....

And if i can try and kill two birds with one stone, i also have a recurring BSOD, BAD_POOL_HEADER. Step brother says its a problem with the linksys wireless router, but i have no clue. It usually happens alot more when im playing big online games such as Guild Wars, or World of Warcraft, but it does happen if the computers been on for long enough. Im confused on both these issues, and ive asked everyone i know, and done all i could think of except pay for someone to look at it. I have a feeling thats what its going to come down to though :(

well the explaination for the BSOD sounds pretty good i guess. just because you have more fans does not mean you solved the overheating problem unless airflow was the cause of the overheating. you can only cure overheating by treating the cause which is likely to be a clogged cpu heatsink or perhaps a badly mounted heatsink or even a dead fan on the cpu heatsink. you should probably re-apply thermal paste to the cpu heatsink if you know how or know someone who does

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom