I was just using my computer like normal listening to music and surfing the web when suddenly my monitor's computer screen goes blank. It seem to still have a signal but it's just not showing up with anything.
Here are my specs and facts:
1. running 2.4ghz celeron with 512mb ddr ram
2. win xp pro
3. monitor is viewsonic e70f
4. monitor does need separate power cord, ive checked it's plugged in, and i know there's power.
5. when i turn my computer on and off, it would go into power save mode (orange light on monitor) when computer is off then when it's on it'd come back to 'on' status (green light). even though it's in green light, it's simply a blank screen right now.
6. i had recently (around 4-5 days ago) installed a second slave hard drive, but it's been working fine (and i dont know of any causes it could have on the monitor)
7. it's been working fine for couple of years now, and it's not like a power surge or something knocked it out. i was simply browsing the internet when suddenly the screen went blank. i've had signal losses due to new hardware parts before, but they always said 'no signal', this time, green light always on, it has signal and power, but it's just blank.
if you guys need any more info plz let me know. but any help would be greatly appreciated