moniter trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

bum

In Runtime
Yeah so anyways I got home from work, was about to play some games when I noticed I had no sound and I recalled I had just end tasked some things and figured I'd closed something to do with it. So my solution was restart my computer. I did (windows made the shutdown sound, go figure), and then my moniter said no input and would flicker once and turn off. I'd turn it back on and the same thing happened. Then I recalled that the socket its plugged into is loose and maybe thats the problem, so I played with it and I got it to seem like it was staying on. Then I turned it off (so I could organize wires I'd switched and stuff) and when I tried going back it wouldn't work again.

Anyways I played with it for quite awhile now and my gut feeling says its the power supply to the moniter. Which sucks cuz its new and shouldn't have happened. All I want to know is is there something else I should try or should I just RMA it like I think (if its still covered, be PIST if it isn't).

And if anyone needs to know its this:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824021025

Have you tried the monitor on another machine just to see if it's not your system. Have you tried anothe monitor on your system?

No and yes. I thought it might have been my video card too so I tried unplugging the moniter from everything except power. Same thing happened. I was about to move my computer down here and try it on here just to make sure, but I just got some bad news about a friend of mine so it'll have to wait.

looked it up. it has a "3 year limited warranty (3 years on parts and labor, 1 year LCD panel)". Its been about 2 months(kinda questioning rosewills quality).

Newegg won't touch it but the manufacturer better or I'll hunt them down and burn it to the ground. Anyways I'm just gonna RMA it. I don't know how to fix it myself and neither does anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom