Moniter Lighting, and errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

In Runtime
ive recently picked up a sumsung 940bw... been fairly good.
only have a few questions, not sure whats happeneing.

1st, is i get an error whenever i try to get into the nvidia control panel, so im unable to change anything...

i was able to get in once b4, althou im not sure how, and when i went to change my widesceren options, so that the card would not stretch the image, the screen when all fuzzy untill i hit escape to the prevoise settings were restored.

the other thing that happens, and i want to change, is while playing movies, the screen lightens the viewing area, which gets really annoyin, as when i change windows away from the movie, the lightened patch is still there :S
is there a way to disable this?

EDIT: ok, i worked out the light thing... but still confused about the rest... any help would be appriciated

thx

i just got my self the same Samsung 940bw, install the xp driver in the cd that came with the monitor.

BTW this lcd monitor is sick :p

ok, well, ive reinstalled everything, and eventully found that the nvidia error came from magic tune... so i guess ill just uninstall it.

also, even now that i can get into the nvidia control panel, is it that my moniter doesnt support the card scaling option? thats the impression i get when it goes fuzzy like it does... but how can that be, its a new moniter?

hope theres a way to stop the moniter stretching everything, cos it gets annoying playing games all streatched out that dont support WS.

and ye, this is a really nice moniter... althou i prefer the ease of use my old brick had :p

try updating ur video card driver, it might not be the monitor but the driver its self

BTW do u have Directx 9.0c installed?

tryed that, so now its runnin an older driver.
took a bit to do, and it still is doin the same thing.

4 options i wanna change in Digital Flat Panel Settings bit

-Display Adapter Scaling
-Centered Output
-Monitor Scaling
-Fixed Aspect Ratio Scaling

what i want is the last one, and it begins on Monitor scaling.
if i try to change it off this to Display Adapter Scaling, or Fixxed Aspect, the screen goes fuzzy... and if i changed it to centred, it goes black... i just have to press ESC to go bak then... wtf is wrong :( This moniter should be capable of this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom