Is the moniter the cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

av8706

Solid State Member
Ok, my friend recently bought a new custom made pc and has had problems with his new video card. After he turns on his pc and uses it for a few minutes, a lot of times less than 10 minutes, his computer restarts . The people from the store he bought the computer from say that he needs a new moniter and everything will be just fine than. So now I want to know if the moniter could really be the cause of his computer restarting.

I do not think it's because of the monitor... the store just want you to buy monitor that's all.. mb the power supply doesn't have enough power to drive the new GPU or faulty mobo. we need to know complete specs of the comp or we can't help you at all. cuz we have no idea what it is.

Well I just want to know if the moniter "could" cause the restarts. I just want to know if it's possible because I don't want my friend to be a dumb*** and go buy a moniter when it's not the problem.

Edit: Oh and if you have the urge to be sarcastic...don't be...be concrete and give a yes or no. I myself think that the moniter can't cause the restarts because it's just output for the pc...

well, ur right then, no a monitor cant cause the reboots. can you get us the specs of the pc, like the ps, mobo, gpu, hdd, dvd/cd/whatever, processor, etc..? that would do a great deal of help for us

EDIT: thats total bullcrap if a pc store is trying to tell you that the reason the pc is ****ing up is the monitor...most probably its overheating, or the ps is not supplying enough power.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom