mobo trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

protocol1706

Beta member
i removed my motherboard from one case and put it into another. after making sure that everything was connected correctly i fired up the computer and all the fans started turning including the one at the back of the power supply, but now im not getting any signal to my monitor. so i did what every tech does and i tried the monitor on a different computer and and it worked fine, next thing i did was tried a differnt graphics card instead of the onboard graphics card but still no picture. i also took out the cmos battery for five minutes and then seated it back in its place, fired up the computer but still no picture, no beebs no nothing. i cant even get a post or get to the bios or anything. the computer seems to be recognizing the keyboard and mouse because my keyboard lights up everytime that i turn the computer on. before i took the motherboard out of its original case i practice my esd proceedure like every good tech is taught so i dont know how i fried the board if that is where the problem lies. i did however take the power swith and used it to go in the case that i was transferring the board to and while doing so i accident broke off the two cords that goes to one of the green led light but it didnt seem to stop the board from fireing up sence everything else was intact. the other thing is that this computer that im working on is my friends computer that i was fixing and if i killed his motherboard its going to be pretty embarrissing to tell him that i messed up his computer sence this is what im going to school for. any suggestions on how do i break the news to him that i screwed up somhow and still keep my dignity?:(

after tracing my traks and evaluating every move that i made with that board, it turns out that it was a poor power supply that was giving me hell. so i swaped power supplies again and wolaa! bingo! we have singal and have access to the bios. what i cant figure out though is why could i not get a signal out of the power supply that i had put in there orringionaly, after all, it was strong enough to provide juice to all of the components. hmmm... well i guess ill just count my blessings for now. thanx room

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom