Mobo problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

qblake

Baseband Member
I recently bought a Biostar P4-M900-M socket 478 mobo. I really like it but i am having a couple problems. First, i have a 1TB Seagate Freeagent Desk, and if i try to boot the system with the hard drive plugged in, it doesn't POST. If i plug in the hard drive while the OS is loaded, it works fine. Second, the mobo has no fan RPM controller (I don't mind, even though the fan runs at full bore all the time), and when i put the computer to sleep, the fan stays on. (DRIVING ME CRAZY) I would really like this to turn off (I'm getting sick of having to wait for the computer to start up [It takes about 5 minutes {ITS A FREAKIN SINGLE CORE PENTIUM 4!!!!} ]). I would also like to know if there is a free fan controller program. (Speedfan doesn't work for some reason)

SPECS:
Motherboard: Read the top of the post
Processor: 2.8GHz Pentium 4 Prescott
RAM: 2GB DDR2/667 G.SKILL
PSU: Corsair 400w

for the first question, check boot order in bios. My guess is you have removable devices listed before hd so you computer is trying to boot from the usb hd.

For the fan problem, you have to go in BIOS, change standby to to S3 standby. That will turn off the fans while sleeping.

Hefe got the other half ;)

Fixed both of them! I changed standby to S3 (Thanks MindoverMaster), and it stopped the fans. And Hefe, there was no usb hdd in the boot order, i had to disable legacy usb support, and it works fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom