MOBO only accepts one video card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raphael Argus

Daemon Poster
Ok, call my motherboard EXTREMELY loyal, but it refuses to boot with any video card other then an old Ti200. Everything else I put in it, and i've tried about 5 cards, just hang the system and give me a series of fast beeps.

Anyone have any idea why this would be? I even tried a couple cards other then the Ti200 and nothing.

The fan in the Ti200 is dying and I have several other cards that are better so any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried those cards in other boards? Better PSU (current one might not be supplying enough power for the bigger vid. cards)?

The cards do work fine in other systems, I tested them all. But I have not tested the PSU. Still, if it would run the 64MB Ti200 I would think the 32mb cards would work fine, but who knows. I'll throw in another PSU and see if that helps.

I tried a 500 watt PSU and still nothing. Any other card I pop in just gives a series of extremely fast beeps and the PC does nothing. Any ideas?

Any other thoughts on this?

My BIOS is pretty old in the PC I'm trying to pop the video cards in. Would an old BIOS have issues with a video card to the point it wouldn't even post? I'd like to pop in a 256MB 5700 Geforce Card.

Let me know if you need any other information.

No, I didn't. But it won't even post, could that still be a driver issue? All the cards use the same GeForce drivers.

Bumping this since I fixed the problem.

I had to download my motherboard manual and I noticed it had a 3rd power connector on the board. Other boards I have seen only have the typical 20-24 pin power connector and 4-pin, but this one had a 3rd. I looked in my PC scrap heep and found an old power supply that had the 3rd dongle and it solved my problem.

Just following up in case anyone else runs into the same problem :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom