MLL and Bioshock Infinite Stuttering

Dalinkwent726

Baseband Member
First off let me say that if this is in the wrong section I apologize. I didn't really see an area related to my problem, and since this may end up being hardware related I thought it might belong here.

Okay, so, I downloaded Metro Last Light the other day, I was very excited to play this since I didn't really play 2033 and the game just looked awesome. So I downloaded it from steam and started playing, only to find that I was getting stutters, literally every second non stop. I derped some and didn't install the newest Nvida drivers (320.14) before playing. Even after the drivers were installed I was still getting the severe stuttering. So then I did some research and found out that a patch was going to be implemented soon, and of course even after the patch I STILL had the stuttering. Also I am getting the same problem in Bioshock infinite, but that is maybe 20% of the time, compared to 100% of the time in MLL.

I have tried: changing the RAM, GPU, and CPU, back to its stock clocks and then back to its overclocked settings in different combinations (i.e. OC GPU & SC CPU+RAM, OC RAM & SC GPU+CPU, etc.). I have moved the game from my mechanical hard drive to my SSD. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the game itself.

I monitored the temps while playing the game and the CPU, GPU and other components were well within their limits (CPU 58°, GPU 70°) so I don't think that has anything to do with it.

I found out something that stops most of the stuttering, but tanks my frames. If I load the game and set the affinity to one single core, instead of using all four or any combination of the four, most of the the stuttering stops. Using one core I can't change my settings to anything but HIGH or else the stuttering comes back, even if I change them to LOW quality.

If you have any suggestion or questions, don't hesitate to ask, thanks.

Don't use AA if you can, also what type of monitor you got and what screensize is it ?
Have look at this thread here and see if it may help you.
Metro 2033 System Requirements and Metro 2033 requirements for PC Games

Hey thanks for taking the time to post a reply, as you see not many people have =) I actually think I found a fix to my problem and was going to post what I did on here just in case somebody comes looking. But to answer your questions, I don't use AA, mater of fact at this moment I think everything is at low settings, and the monitor is a bargain bin AOC E2460Sw 24".

Okay I think I may have found a fix for the stuttering, this worked for me and it may work for others if they come looking.

Nvidia Control Panel
(If you have SLI) SLI Mode - AFR 2
Threaded Optimization - OFF
Triple Buffering - OFF
Vertical Sync - On (Smooth for SLI)

Metro Last Light - Game Steeings
Advanced PhysX - OFF
Resolution - 1920X1080
Quality - Normal
SSAA - OFF
Texture Filtering - AF 4X
Motion Blur - Normal
Tessellation - OFF
Vsync - OFF

Metro 2033 and Last Light Stutter Fix and Tips 1080p - YouTube

1)Right-click on computer > Properties
2)Click Advanced System Setting
3)On Advanced Tab > Performance > Click Setting
4)A new window will open > Click on Advanced Tab
5)Ok here is the tricky which you must do it correctly. Just follow this step :
a)On Processor scheduling > Tick the Program just below it.
b)And then on Virtual Memory, open "Change"
c)Untick > Automatically manage paging file size for all drives.
d)Click drive C: > Tick "Custom Size:"
e)On initial size put 7000 mb and do it the same on maximum size.
f )After finish tweaking press set and click ok
6)Run game as Adminstrator

[SOLVED] Metro Last Light : Stuttering Fix. :: Metro: Last Light General Discussions

This is just what worked for me, and from what I understand you can still mess with the in-game settings and see what works for you.

Back
Top Bottom