MKV file playing problem....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da Viksta

Ninja Stargate Addict
I run XP x64, and i have recently changed my system to SLI and got a new mobo and ram, but the CPU is still hte same....

I just reinstalled windows and installed the latest K-Lite Codec Pack, but whenever i try to open a 720p video file my cpu usage shoots to 100% and my video freezes but the sound continues like my system is unable to keep up!

I know for a fact that my pc can play these files, since i was playing them before the upgrade, when my specs were lower than they are now, and the CPU usage never went above 35%...

does anyone have any idea as to what could be preventing me from watching my video??? i dont want my sister's athlon XP 2600+ comp to do something my pc cant do...... :(

What player are you using?

Have videos worked ok in the player you're using before without problems?

Awww i was going to recommend that if he wasn't already using it...:(

Heh heh...

I use media player classic which is bundled with K-Lite....

Yes, i have used it before, i used to use it a couple of days ago when my pc upgrades werent ready xD so yeah, it should easily run on my pc without problems...

but ill give VLC a go too...

Edit: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i dont even get any video output with VLC, just a blank black screen and sound....

Try media player classic with CCCP, I believe its the best codec/player pack around. If that doesn't do it, check whats taking all the resources.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom