Missing Wireless Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bxhood

Baseband Member
Hello All. I have a Latitude D505 that was using an internal wireless card. When I check in the device manager it doesnt show up anymore. Tried to download drivers from dell and install but still nothing. ANy ideas how I can get it back or should I just get an pcmcia wireless card and call it a day.

Hello,

If you've got a wireless button or switch on your laptop, make sure it's turned on. However, usually when wireless is turned off this way, it still appears in the device manager.

Check in your BIOS settings to make sure that wireless is enabled, if there is an option for it.

Yeah tried to hit Fn F2 to turn it on but nothing happens. Will check the bios but I am pretty sure its enabled there.

No unknown devices in dev mgr. I checked the bios and it says that the mini pci card is not installed. Downloaded drivers from Dell installed and it still will not detect it. It was working one minute stepped away came back and it is like someone went into my laptop and stole it. LOL

Hello,

Perhaps you should check to see that the wireless mini pci card is connected properly. You will need to open up the laptop, though.

The mini pci card can be accessed by removing the access panel, situated to the right of the fan on the underside of your laptop.

Dell D505 service manual: Documentation

To all thanks for your help. Alvin that guide was a life saver. The Card was loose and I reseated it properly and its surfs away.

Thank you all

BxHood

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom