missing a dll, but don't know which one

Status
Not open for further replies.

DranzerX13

Beta member
When I download a program off of the internet, using run instead of save as. When the program done downloading it bring me to the screen where it says open with, with a list of which to use to open the program. It normally doesn't do this to me. I did a virus scan and it picked up a worm and deleted it. when it deleted the worm, I think it took rundll.dll and .exe with it. now I can't run an application automatically after it done downloading or if I just click on it. I click on the program and wants me to find the exe file again. that is messed up. please help me. tell me what I need to fix this error.

hmmmmm look in add remove progs, u see windows installer in there?

I fixed my problem. It took me hours to figure out how to fix it....and only seconds to fix it. I downloaded regedit.com to fix the problem. I clicked on the regedit.com icon on my desktop, then it said repair registry Y or N. I put Y and then seconds later I clicked on any of my programs and it worked. it no longer took me to the open with window again.

DranzerX13 said:
I fixed my problem. It took me hours to figure out how to fix it....and only seconds to fix it. I downloaded regedit.com to fix the problem. I clicked on the regedit.com icon on my desktop, then it said repair registry Y or N. I put Y and then seconds later I clicked on any of my programs and it worked. it no longer took me to the open with window again.

DranzerX13, I've seen that program before but never utilized it. Is there a cost and if so how much? I am always leery of downloable progams such as this because in my younger, dumber days I would download and the next thing I knew my registry, tool bar, etc. was changed because of executible trojan so deep I had to reformat. So, any spyware with this program that you can tell?

Yes man anything free probably has spyware or some obligation.
My freind did this thinking he new everything becuase he just got c++ cert put in his email on some site let me just say 150 emails the next morning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom