Minor Issue, not sure of the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

darktrooper78

Beta member
Recently, i just build a new computer. It has been running fine for the most part but occasionally, when playing a game, the monitor, keyboard, and my mouse and get cut out and stop working. Along with that, I am unable to press the power button to shut down my computer which forces me to unplug my computer. I have been told by people that i may need a new surge protector (because mine is kind of old?) or maybe i just didn't get a strong enough power supply. Any help will be much appreciated.

Can you list your systems specs? Make sure to include the power supply, along with its wattage.

Ok, my specs are:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 6MB L3 Cache Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor
Video card: HIS Radeon HD 6870
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 640GB
RAM: Team Xtreem Dark Series 4GB
Motherboard: MSI 890FXA-GD65 AM3 AMD
CPU Fan: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus
Wireless Adapter: Rosewill (Newegg) Wireless Adapter
DVD Drive: ASUS
Power Supply: Corsair CMPSU-750TX 750W
Case: NZXT Gaurdian

EDIT:
Keyboard is a G510
Mouse is a MX518
and my monitor is a SAMSUNG 22inch HDTV

Doesn't sound like a power issue - sounds more like windows is just freezing. I have a similar setup and a smaller power supply and i don't have this issue.

Look in the system logs and events to see if anything is erroring out and causing this.

Pay attention to the time the next time it freezes. Then you can go to the event viewer and try to match the times up.

Actually, I just found a bunch more errors and i also have the times for when each event happened as well but I am not sure what these events really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom