Minitor blanks out then........

Status
Not open for further replies.

vivabiafra

Solid State Member
so while gaming my monitor will go black and then the light just blinks yellow like its in sleep mode...no pc crash when this happens any ideas?

so while gaming my monitor will go black and then the light just blinks yellow like its in sleep mode...no pc crash when this happens any ideas?

What operating system and hardware are you running? Do you know if you've got the most recent driver (and are aware of the nvidia driver 196.75 that caused heat issues)? Is it happening only in games, and if so, is it any game or just a particular one? If you know your driver is good and it's consistent across all games or under a heavy load, then I'd suggest monitoring temperatures. This is kind of assuming that you're using a GPU and not on board graphics. Anyway, let us know what the hardware and OS is, and if possible more details about what's going on when it happens (anything running in the background, etc). Hopefully we can provide some more help once we have that info.

Thanks!

I'd suspect this is a temperature issue as well if it only happens when gaming. To help isolate this, how long into the game does it happen? Do you hear any fans going when it shutsdown? Does it restart straight away or do you have to leave it for a certain period of time before it will restart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom