BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8008BF3B30
BCP3: FFFFFA8008BF3E10
BCP4: FFFFF80002D7A2D0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Here it is. Can anyone help and try diagnosing the problem? I already replaced the OS just a few days ago from a lot of blue screen/Boot problem. Would help a great deal!

Thanks.

I got the Blue-screen again. It seems to be whenever the computer goes into sleep mode and the Harddrive also shots off, and then says it can't read it and that causes the screen. This is what the troubleshoot from Windows gave me.

Troubleshoot a problem with a hard disk drive
Windows was temporarily unable to read your hard disk drive. We don't know the exact cause of the problem. In most cases, this type of condition is momentary and doesn't indicate a serious problem, but sometimes it means that a hard disk is failing.

Common causes of this problem

Aging or failing hard disks. To prevent file corruption and data loss, we recommend that you back up all of your important files and folders immediately. See step 1 in the section below for more information.

Large file transfers from secondary media, such as an external hard drive, to a local hard drive.

Loss of power to a hard disk drive that causes inconsistent data sectors.

Hard disk-intensive processes such as antivirus scanners.

Recently installed hardware that might have compatibility and performance problems.

Before you begin the troubleshooting steps below, we recommend backing up the files and folders on your computer.

Back up your files and folders to prevent data loss

Click to open Backup and Restore

Click Back up files, and then follow the steps in the wizard. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Note
You should back up your files and folders on a regular basis to protect your data from unexpected hardware problems. Also, when creating backups, it is helpful to use a portable storage device, such as an external hard disk, as the drive you save backups on. This is preferable to storing backups on a local, internal hard disk because it keeps this important recovery data separate from your computer.

The following steps can help identify whether the cause of the problem is temporary or whether it is a more serious problem with your hard disk. Try the steps in the order given. If one step doesn't solve the problem, then move on to the next one.

Restart your computer

Make sure that the problem is not just a temporary one by restarting your computer and repeating what you were doing when the error occurred. If the error persists, try the next step.

Install the latest updates for your computer

If the error occurred shortly after adding a new hardware device, the device or its driver might be causing the problem. First, install the latest updates on your computer (including hardware updates).

How do I download and install the latest updates for my computer?

Use Windows Update to check for and install updates:
Click to open Windows Update in Control Panel

Click the Check for Updates link in the left pane. If you see a message telling you that updates are available, click the message to view and select the updates to install.

What if I don't see any available updates?

If you see You receive updates: Managed by your system administrator, you can try clicking the link to Check online for updates from Microsoft Update or Check online for updates from Windows Update, but you might need to contact your system administrator to obtain the desired updates.

If you don't see the message above and no updates are available in Windows Update, after you click the Check for Updates link in the left pane, then the available updates have already been installed.

Select all Important and Recommended updates.

Select the Optional updates you want, and then click Install.

If you recently added a new hardware device to your computer, go online to the manufacturer's website to see if a driver update is available.

How do I find my computer manufacturer?

Click the Start button , type msinfo32 in the search box, and then press Enter. Your computer manufacturer is listed as the System Manufacturer in the right pane of the System Information window.

Click to go online to see contact information for most computer manufacturers
If you recently added a new program to your computer, go online to the manufacturer's website to see if an update is available.

If this does not solve the problem, then remove the hardware device and check to see if the problem goes away.

Run the disk error-checking tool

You can help solve some computer problems and improve the performance of your computer by making sure that your hard disk has no errors.

Click the Start button , and then click Computer.

Right-click the hard disk drive that you want to check, and then click Properties.

Click the Tools tab, and then, under Error-checking, click Check Now. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

To automatically repair problems with files and folders that the scan detects, select Automatically fix file system errors. Otherwise, the disk check will report problems but not fix them.

To perform a thorough disk check, select Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors. This scan attempts to find and repair physical errors on the hard disk itself, and it can take much longer to complete.

To check for both file errors and physical errors, select both Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors.

Click Start.

Depending upon the size of your hard disk, this might take several minutes or longer. For best results, don't use your computer for any other tasks while it's checking for errors.

Note
If you select Automatically fix file system errors for a disk that is in use (for example, the partition that contains Windows), you'll be prompted to reschedule the disk check for the next time you restart your computer.

Have your disk drive cables checked

If the previous steps did not solve the problem, have your computer checked for faulty or unplugged hard disk cables and connectors. We suggest contacting your computer manufacturer for troubleshooting and repair recommendations.

How do I find my computer manufacturer?

Click the Start button , type msinfo32 in the search box, and then press Enter. Your computer manufacturer is listed as the System Manufacturer in the right pane of the System Information window.

Click to go online to see contact information for most computer manufacturers

Are you by chance running Viper Security software? If so, are you connected to the network wired or wireless? If wireless, what device are you using? This sounds very much like an issue I had last year. It was a conflict with Viper and the adapter.

I don't run any Security programs or anything.

I think I found the problem, though.

When I went away from my computer my computer would go to sleep. And also, my hard-drive would shut off (Due to default Windows 7 Home Premium settings I guess). I manually went into Power Save settings and set it so that the hard-drive never shuts off. And so far, no problems and I had just left the computer on for two days straight.

It seems that when the Hard-drive was shut off, and clicking to turn the computer back from sleep made it so Windows Temporarily could not read from the hard-drive. Why this happens now rather than before I don't know, but it's working fine now.

Everything worked fine with Linux when I had it installed. I had installed it because my Windows 7 System32 file was corrupted from my own stupidity and it kept rebooting because the MasterBoot Record or w/e was messed up and some other problems so I just installed Linux over it and bought a new Windows OS. Installed it, and whenever the computer went to sleep the Hard-drive went to sleep too and when I would click to bring it back I'd get the Blue screen and it'd be fine after that - until the next time I went away. So I turned it off and voila, no more blue screen.

Whether or not that's because my hard-drive was messed up previously from all the bluescreening and improper shutting off and everything, or it's 7 months old (which it should last longer than that). I had Geek Squad (As ****ty as they are) run diagnoses on my hardware and everything came out fine. If there was a Hardware problem than I'd have it replaced free because I'm still under Warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom