Microsoft Arc Mouse stopped scrolling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been through two Arc mice and had the same problem. For a $60 mouse, i can't believe the scroll wheel has broken twice. Best Buy let me exchange it the first time, and I haven't brought my second one in yet.

I like everything else about the mouse so I would like to exchange it for another, but it's hard to justify getting another one when this has happened twice to me.

The way I could tell it was a hardware problem was because the scroll wheel stopped "clicking" when using it. It simply glided as if it was off wheel device.

I have been through two Arc mice and had the same problem. For a $60 mouse, i can't believe the scroll wheel has broken twice. Best Buy let me exchange it the first time, and I haven't brought my second one in yet.

I like everything else about the mouse so I would like to exchange it for another, but it's hard to justify getting another one when this has happened twice to me.

The way I could tell it was a hardware problem was because the scroll wheel stopped "clicking" when using it. It simply glided as if it was off wheel device.

Ditto on my first Arc - wheel stopped clicking out of the blue and no longer scrolls - Cheaply made wheel it seems.

I have the same problem with my mouse, and I removed the 4 screws at the top on the bottom but it still won't open, does anyone know how to get into this mouse??? Is there maybe a release tap or something, can't find any other screws holding it.

My scrolling works fine, but I think I'm having a software issue. All of a sudden when I would left-click stuff, it would do odd things. Like when I would click on a different tab, it would close that tab. When I would try and open a folder, it wouldn't, but if I were to right-click and then left-click open, it would open. Then I went and installed the IntelliPoint driver and selected the Arc mouse as my mouse, and that stopped, but now I get something even more odd.

Here is a screenshot of what it does when I left-click

I have re-installed the drivers, switched USB ports, re-installed from the device manager, played around with switching mouse types in the Mouses/IntelliPoint utility, smacked it around...and called it a ****er!...and I'm out of ideas. It's getting very frustrating because I'm not the type of person that can't eventually figure something out, but this is getting irritating. Thanks for any advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom