Microphone issues, please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

therascalking

Devious Techie
so ive been having some weird issues since i installed my new motherboard, and ive only just really noticed them... i tried to hook my mic up to my Asus Rampage Formula's bundled SupremeFXII sound card... and it would JUST not work...

and then i realized that its probably a driver issue, since i tested my mic on another computer and it worked just fine...

i tried reinstalling the drivers, but that didnt do any good...
maybe i need some different ones?

soundmax hd audio drivers suckkk so far, it seems... can i just use different drivers with that card or no?

also, theres this weird issue... i cant even adjust my microphone volume in the 'master volume' panel... there just isnt a category for microphone... and not under the options menu either...
when i plug the microphone in, the soundmax panel recognizes that it has been plugged in... so thats not it... but then i have no idea how to adjust anything or make it work!

anyone have any advice how to troubleshoot this? otherwise, i think im just going to buy a new sound card and hope that that fixes it.. :/
thanks for any replies :) - RK

have you tried latest drivers?

i did... was one of the first things i tried, but to no avail so far... :/

only thing is... i got the ones that are on the Asus website under the Rampage Formula... maybe theres more recent ones under a similar motherboard that would work better? im not sure... - RK

Are you running windows xp or Vista? If XP did you check Options/Advanced? Also try selecting Properties from the Options menu and selecting the recording option.

Are you running windows xp or Vista? If XP did you check Options/Advanced? Also try selecting Properties from the Options menu and selecting the recording option.

XP Pro... (says in my sig :D)

and yea, i checked there... i know it should be, but it just... isnt... odd...
there doesnt seem to be anything about microphones or recording in my entire volume panel... theyre just... gone... idk... :" - RK

Hmm... Ok.. Id check and make sure the card is seated tightly, or try putting in a different slot (if you have an extra one). Did you completely remove the drivers before you reinstalled the new ones? Such as with Driver Cleaner pro? If not I would run that. Completely Uninstall drivers. Did you download the most up to date drivers from the manufacturer's website? After uninstallation try a clean install of the newest drivers and see if it works. If you do or have already done all that and it's still a no go I'd say it's an issue with the card itself. I didnt even notice that in your signature.. my bad.

Hmm... Ok.. Id check and make sure the card is seated tightly, or try putting in a different slot (if you have an extra one). Did you completely remove the drivers before you reinstalled the new ones? Such as with Driver Cleaner pro? If not I would run that. Completely Uninstall drivers. Did you download the most up to date drivers from the manufacturer's website? After uninstallation try a clean install of the newest drivers and see if it works. If you do or have already done all that and it's still a no go I'd say it's an issue with the card itself. Haha. I didnt even notice that in your signature.. my bad.

mkay, ill try moving the card and test that, tho i dont think that thats the issue since it recognizes when i plug stuff in, it just doesnt work...
and no, i didnt remove the drivers... so that might be it... ill try that program you recommended if i can find it... thanks...
and no worries... lol :] - RK

mkay, ill try moving the card and test that, tho i dont think that thats the issue since it recognizes when i plug stuff in, it just doesnt work...
and no, i didnt remove the drivers... so that might be it... ill try that program you recommended if i can find it... thanks...
and no worries... lol :] - RK

You very well could be right, It may not be the issue. But it's worth a shot. Worse case if none of that works then your looking at replacing the card. Ok good luck! let us know how you make out.

You very well could be right, It may not be the issue. But it's worth a shot. Worse case if none of that works then your looking at replacing the card. Ok good luck! let us know how you make out.

okay now im almost positive that it is the card's software/drivers or an issue with my windows... i tried both my microphone and my headset with another computer and both work... and i moved the card and that didnt do anything... ive pretty much ruled out hardware at this point, i think...

thanks for that link Mak... i uninstalled my drivers from the "Add or Remove Programs" menu, then ran that... then restarted, reinstalled the drivers that Asus has on their website for the Rampage Formula, and restarted again... still the same issue...

is it perhaps a windows issue, since its in the windows "Master Volume" panel that the microphone/line in category is missing?
or can i download some other type of audio drivers than the Soundmax ones and use them with my card (Asus SupremeFXII) maybe?
or should i use more recent drivers that are for another Asus motherboard?
or are there any other things i can try to troubleshoot this?
so far google searching has yielded nothing... :"

yall are my last hope before i go through the needlessly expensive task of buying a new sound card in order to fix this :( - RK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom