Micro SD Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nothingasis

In Runtime
I have a trans flash flash drive and whenever I insert my two gig micro into it and plug it into my computer, it will pop up as a G drive and when I double click it it says, "Please Insert a drive into Drive G" and that's all... I don't remember doing anything that would make it break on me... anyone know how to fix this?

[EDIT]

Just to add a little more information to get rid of solutions I've already tried.

I have tried plugging it into a different computer, I have tried to go into hardware management and look for it but never showed up,
I have tried different USB ports, I've tried inserting it into a regular micro sd to sd card readers,

Is it inserted all the way into the adapter? I know when my card isn't inserted all the way, it recognizes there's a reader there but won't let me access my card.

Otherwise I'd say it's possible its a bad card.

what that make sense to have a chipset driver update? I mean i've tried it on a different computer already

Point being? Doesnt mean that the other PC has the latest USB drivers either. Chipset drivers usually encompass the USB drivers. Maybe a update to the drivers will help the reader to be recognized.

Could be that the reader is faulty. Could be that the card is damaged.

There are many possibilties with something like this. Just trying to go thru the process and elminate the most possibilties as possible.

Does the card show up as formatted or not in Computer Management? In either case you'll need run some recovery software to attempt to recover your data if possible.

If the card can't be read at the sector level then card is probably shot.

OK unfortunately the problem now is that it says the usual error, "Drive is not formatted" asks me to format can't format you know the story. Well I'm doing some trouble shooting at the moment but can't seem to find a solution that solves it.. any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom