Micro HCSD Card Removal - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2009, 04:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Question Micro HCSD Card Removal

Hello, first post here, hope it is worth it!

Well, I've been doing a lot with SD Cards recently, but I have little cousins who have seen my putting cards in the card reader, and they emulate everything they see me do...

Anyway, I have a sony system using a Micro HCSD card, and a camera using a regular SD Card. My laptop has a reader that I had been using, and my cousins put the HCSD card in the SD slot.

Now, as it turns out, the computer does read the card... I can move files around, but hard as I try, I really cannot remove the card from the slot. I don't believe I can remove the card from the inside (I already removed the reader and tried it. (This is an internal card reader).

Basically, my main problem is that the micro hcsd card is too small to be pushed back out as a normal card would be, even though the reader does read the card...

Any ideas, anyone?

Old 07-27-2009, 04:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lord Techie
Default Re: Micro HCSD Card Removal

tweasers? try to grab push it in a bit to eject and pull it out. Had to do something similar with a phone sd card.

ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 :: INTEL i7 920 @3.4 :: XFX GTX260 :: 6gb Corsair 1600 :: Corsair 750TX :: TRUE 120 :: Samsung T240 24" :: Windows 7 X64

I do not accept support questions via PM

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Old 07-27-2009, 07:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Send a message via AIM to moshkid213
Default Re: Micro HCSD Card Removal

This happened to me, I used a paperclip to click it, then it kinda fell out of the laptop I was on.

Just fool around with it
AMD Phenom 9950 Agena @ 2.6GHz - DDR2 G.SKILL 4GB 1066Mhz (Next paycheck 8gb) - Western Digital Caviar Black 500GB - GeForce GTX 260 Core Edition Core 216 -

Gateway FX P-7811 (Yes, I have the lockup issue :()

-Lifes simple, you make choices and you dont look back.-
"A good plan, violently executed now, is better than a perfect plan next week."
General George S. Patton
Closed Thread