mic problem with ventrilo... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 07:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Default mic problem with ventrilo...

Greets,

a friend of mine has recently started having problems with his mic that he didnt have before. whenever he is talking on vent and someone else talks we can hear ourselves through his mic (much louder too >_<). i would usually know how to fix this but he uses an onboard realtek sound car so i dont know what his audio options look like. any suggestions?

Old 01-17-2009, 10:47 AM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via MSN to joeten
Default Re: mic problem with ventrilo...

hi i think you will have to say what os is being used and the make and model of the comp may be usefull

Old 01-17-2009, 03:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Default Re: mic problem with ventrilo...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSeven View Post
Greets,

a friend of mine has recently started having problems with his mic that he didnt have before. whenever he is talking on vent and someone else talks we can hear ourselves through his mic (much louder too >_<). i would usually know how to fix this but he uses an onboard realtek sound car so i dont know what his audio options look like. any suggestions?
i think you have to mute 'sterio mix' in your volume options, thats what fixed a similar issue of mine.

EDIT :

tell him to try and use these options : ImageShack - Image Hosting :: optionsts7.jpg

ignore the image on top, forgot to delete it.
Closed Thread