Mic not picking up my voice, or anything. Realtek Audio. Specifics inside - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 10:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Mic not picking up my voice, or anything. Realtek Audio. Specifics inside

Using a headset mic. Well, it doesnt have earphones, it just has a thing for it to stay on my head and wrap around my ear, ya know?. So it worked fine, i got a new motherboard, and i'm not using my Audigy 4 anymore. Using onboard sound, Realtek 24 bit or something like that, it's good, drivers are up to date, better than my audigy.

Mic wont pic up my voice. Tried plugging the mic into every jack, didn't work.

Any settings i need to fool around with in realtek?

Old 07-31-2008, 04:27 PM   #2 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Send a message via AIM to NetCablesPlus Send a message via Yahoo to NetCablesPlus
Default Re: Mic not picking up my voice, or anything. Realtek Audio. Specifics inside

What OS are you using? Does Device Manager show working Microphone hardware?

Old 08-01-2008, 01:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Default Re: Mic not picking up my voice, or anything. Realtek Audio. Specifics inside

Sound so familiar, umm what program did you use to test if the mic is working or not?
Old 08-01-2008, 02:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Those realtek things have always given me trouble... When they work they are great but..

Anyway did you check the generic Windows (I'm assuming your running xp/vista) sound config. Maybe you have your default input device to line in or something. In that case a non-powered mic like yours would never work, because the line in jack provides far less power (if any at all) to the mic. If all else fails, buy a USB mic. They work sooo much better for things like voice rec and skype because those mic's are powered.
Closed Thread