message telling me 'C' is 'full' - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 04-15-2008, 02:24 AM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Question Re: message telling me 'C' is 'full'

Thanks for that. I am getting in someone who knows what he is doing. (I hope). Not 70,000, 700,000!! My Norton was out of date for renewal recently(2005 version), went into Norton and they updated via the phone, but think this prob goes back beyond the last two/three weeks. Now need to contact them again because the disc I have will not do the job. Nuisance!!
Should have bought a new one!
What will be really useful to me in the future is knowing what to avoid, how were 'hidden files' introduced? What buttons did the children press to cause the prob? Sounds simple stuff to the experts on these forums, I know, but all info will be of tremendous use to me.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:20 PM   #12 (permalink)

Default Re: message telling me 'C' is 'full'

Hidden files are just files that either Windows or certain programs think a basic user shouldn't touch. There is no way at all that you have 600,000 hidden files. Most files and folders are visible and it's only the important ones that stay hidden.

As for your antivirus don't even bother paying Norton for their product. Just download and install AVG Antivirus which is free and just as good if not better. I would tell to you get Symantec Corporate Antivirus but the method of aquiring it is a bit more difficult.

I really couldn't tell you what happened to cause your problem. It could even have been a Windows update that trigged the problem. Windows operating systems aren't really known for their reliability but more for their ease of use and it shows in this particular case.

Closed Thread