Memtest fails when installing more than 3gb of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saying they have the lowest failure rate, doesn't OCZ pump out 10X what Intel does? So yeah, the failure rate isn't that good, but you are talking about a larger volume.

i was set to get the ocz but now the last comments have confused me again
it's weird how the intel is 80gb and the original price is $185 when the ocz is $120gb and the original price is $163
my cousin is selling the owc brand, 120gb for 200, i feel like that's too much though
i usually fall for these things...get the higher priced product.
One last vote from you guys, which one.
And about my ram
it might be the settings
they're all 2.1v and 4 4 4 12
i have it on auto, i'll change it to +03, since i think the default it at 1.8

EDIT
Did some research, the ocz seems to have issues that have been fixed via firmware update, but they say it's complicated to update it while the intel had a bug that got fixed.
Now my usage for pc is light, i'm barely a gamer anymore, not hardcore like i use to be, i watch movies, play games once in a while, music.i have to make my decision by today cos the sale will run out...i wanna go for speed, ocz, but intel is pulling me in because of the brand name and reliability.

Intel sells 10 drives and 2 go bad, that's 20 percent. OCZ sells 100 drives and 20 go bad, that's still just 20 percent (numbers are random as there is no actual data available to support any of these claims by me or any other forum member).

Most drives that are being sold already have the updated firmware installed but it's easy to update the OCZ firmware, they have a .iso file you download and burn to a cd. When your ready let me know and I'll direct you to the proper file and instructions.

Intel Reliability? OCZ drives "were" prone to BSOD for a select "few" customers, most of Intel's firmware problems bricked the drives. Intel drives cost more, their slower and they have problems like any other product.

It's your money, buy the drive that you want. But don't buy a drive because someone claims it's more reliable when there is no reliable data to support such a claim. Intel had problems and they have fixed them (but there are still a percentage that will fail). OCZ had problems and they have also fixed them (and some of their drives will still fail).

ugh i should've pulled the trigger last night...
the price went up for the ocz, and now i don't feel like buying the intel anymore...

I'm sure the Intel drive will be fine, and it is a good price. I don't have a problem with Intel drives in general, I have a problem with unvalidated claims. Yesterday the OCZ was the best deal and today the Intel is the best deal. I say go for it.

I'm sure the Intel drive will be fine, and it is a good price. I don't have a problem with Intel drives in general, I have a problem with unvalidated claims. Yesterday the OCZ was the best deal and today the Intel is the best deal. I say go for it.
thanks
and i get your pov on the failures, i huess i hope to get a good drive,
now i'm wondering if i 80gb is enough...i just can't seem to make up my mind...

there's a combo available, letting me get the e4200 linksys wireless router for $100
now i am in need of a new wireless router, so is that worth a 100 bucks, or should i just go for another wrt54gl for 50?

so after getting these 2, after the rebate as well, the total will come up to $200 bucks,
for the intel ssd and the e4200 linksys

I'd get the e4200 in this scenario. The WRT54GL was good,I even had one back in the days, but they are old.

I'd rather get a Netgear or D-Link, myself.

If you don't think Intel is reliable then get a Samsung, they have never had a major firmware problem. They also sell a ton of drives, all of the major OEMs like Dell and Apple use Samsung SSDs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom