Memtest fails when installing more than 3gb of ram

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your mobo has SATA 3Gb/s ports so you can utilize a 1st or 2nd gen SSD with it. A 3rd gen SSD will also work but your mobo won't allow it to perform at it's optimum level. However, if your memory controller (part of the mobo) is slowly dying I would buy a 3rd gen. SSD as your next mobo will probably support it.

3rd gen meaning sata III?
which one's would you suggest

1 - Intel 320 80gb SSD $80 after ($50 rebate + $20 coupon) (+ tax on $130 for some) free ship @ Newegg - Slickdeals.net

2- 120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $123 After $30 rebate + Free shipping - Slickdeals.net

3- OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB Internal SATAII SSD $99.99AR - Slickdeals.net

I'm a noob when it comes to sdd, and i know i wanna switch to it eventually, i might even start a new build and leave this with my parents once i get married.
is 80gb enough for windows and applications? i usually install games and store stuff separately on a regular hdd.

is there a possible fix for the memory controller? or rma, if it's rma i won't even bother
plus should i just leave 4gb's in or take one out...

I would go with the Agility 3, it's the fastest and it's a 120GB.

You can try re-applying thermal paste to the NB heatsink, or you could also try rigging up a fan to blow on the NB, it might help.

I would go with the Agility 3, it's the fastest and it's a 120GB.

You can try re-applying thermal paste to the NB heatsink, or you could also try rigging up a fan to blow on the NB, it might help.
should i worry about 3 year warranty vs 5 with intel? plus isn't intel the best?
its 80$ vs $125...

and about applying thermal paste...is this a temperature problem?

Intel has had there share of ssd problems and their not the fastest, so I don't see how they could be the best. No one knows how long the actual life cycle of a ssd is, I have a 1st gen Agility and Vertex and they are still working great after 2-1/2 almost 3 years. Will they last for 10 more years? Who knows but right now there is not enough data to say whose drive will last the longest. What I do know is I have and or tested and gave away 7 OCZ drives of various models and I didn't have a problem with any of them and they are all still working.

I chose the Agility 3 over the Intel mainly because of the extra 40 GB's and then the speed, I chose the Agility 3 over the Patriot because of the speed.

It might be a heat problem.

Thinking more about your memory, what modules are you using? Are they all rated to run at the same Speed, Latencies and Voltages? Have you tried bumping up the DRAM Voltage a little when your using all of them?

I had a LGA 775 system that would run two sticks of DDR2 1150MHz just fine, but if I added two more sticks of the same memory it would only run at 1066MHz. I later found out that it was a limitation of my mobo.

3rd gen meaning sata III?
which one's would you suggest

1 - Intel 320 80gb SSD $80 after ($50 rebate + $20 coupon) (+ tax on $130 for some) free ship @ Newegg - Slickdeals.net

2- 120GB OCZ Agility 3 2.5" SATA III Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) $123 After $30 rebate + Free shipping - Slickdeals.net

3- OCZ Vertex Plus 120GB Internal SATAII SSD $99.99AR - Slickdeals.net

I'm a noob when it comes to sdd, and i know i wanna switch to it eventually, i might even start a new build and leave this with my parents once i get married.
is 80gb enough for windows and applications? i usually install games and store stuff separately on a regular hdd.

is there a possible fix for the memory controller? or rma, if it's rma i won't even bother
plus should i just leave 4gb's in or take one out...

I'd go with the Intel, they have the lowest failure rate of the major SSD manufacturers. I've seen far to many horror stories about the second generation Sandforce drives to buy one myself. Yes, the Agility is faster than the 320 Series but that difference won't have a perceptible impact in the vast majority of cases. The Crucial M4 and Samsung 830 are also good choices as far as reliability is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom