Memory upgrade | PC won't boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
This motherboard can take upto 1gb ram in both slots, and yes I've tried in both.

Buy another one? This one cost me £40, I am in UK and that came from US, sending it back would cost and newegg.com don't deliver internationally I heard. There must be a way guys, it should work, it must work, my pocket money. :(

entralinks said:
BASSMASTER thats the whole problem :( ... I can run memtest only after booting up it when goes to that stage where floppy or cd drive is checked, but it doesn't. CPU does start but nothing comes on the screen, instead the monitor says 'Monitor is working, check your pc or cable'. when I put my old ram in, it runs the memtest, no problems.

About the no brand thing, you see its from ebay, and I thought as that seller had tons of positive feedback, it would be ok.

you can download a bootable version of memtest to a cd. So your pc will boot from that cd, and run the test before your system gets stuck.

I'm sure the seller would give you your money back if you paid the shipping to return it. Can't hurt.

I've bought lot's of RAM from www.crucial.com and never had any problems, maybe try them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom