Memory Testing - What's good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, so the FINAL tally of testing on this memory was....
Prime95: 7ish days
Intel Burn Test: 1000 Runs
Memtest86+: 80 passes

And yet, the Micro$oft 'Windiag' or whatever utility it was I used was STILL showing errors... The thing I noticed when I watched it, was that the errors had different memory addresses every time, not a single time in 3 passes were the errors in the same spot. Computer is actually in my car right now to be set up at my girl's house tonight.

Thanks guys!!

LOL, she is wonderful enough that reward isn't needed. She helped me clean out my whole house for a party last weekend, that was MORE than reward enough.

Well i'd personally be concerned with windiag errors, often means wrong spec ram, incorrect ram settings or ram installed in a configuration not completely supported by the mobo.
But if it works then it works and thats the main thing, the sims isn't exactly air traffic control after all.

No, it's not going to be used for really heaving tasks, I just don't want to have to deal with troubleshooting random blue screens due to memory errors. Spent 3 months dealing with that garbage, and I'm done, LOL. The only thing I can think of is that it is 4 Gigs of RAM in a 32bit OS, and perhaps there IS a bad memory address, but perhaps I lucked out, and given that in a 32 bit environment, not all of the memory can be addressed. Either way, it works, and I am happy that I FINALLY finished that project.... Now to finish painting that computer case for my sister that I started a year and a half ago. OUCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom