memory problem from Underclocking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

savagenator

In Runtime
Well, i have my new PC and i decided to try underclocking aftr i tweaked it up, like my old computer. I did a few tweaks that put down my boot time to like 15 seconds and thats it. CPU=4400+ RAM=corsair PC3200

One of the tweaks was putting more info through the RAM instead of the harddrive so it will laod only what it needs to and not be taken up (its SATA so maybe that wasnt so smart)

Well then i decided to start trying out OCing so i went into bios and got my 4400+ dow\n to .8ghz and lowered the RAM to the lowest ratio.(lol, my computer boot time was the same! Programs opened a little slowly but other than that it was ok)

After that i decided to try to jack it up high! So i put it and OCed the 4400+ from 2.2ghz stock up to 2.6 ghz right off the bat. Well, i ran into problems. It actually laoded wothout telling me my comptuer will blow up so change it, it started laoding XP pro and then righ before the welcome screen (the most stress on the RAM) it keeps freezing, and getting the blue screen of death for less than a second with "memory" written in it a few times. (from what i can see)

i could only go into safe mode, even when after the memory tweaking i could reboot succesfully earlier. I have turned the OC off and stats to normal. In safe mode i undid the changed in the registry and my comptuer started fine with 15 second boot time.

Now i got corsair RAM, its supposed to be able to take alot, but this seems like a wierd situation. When i boot now it works fine, but everyone once in a while something like a crash happens in wierd places (firefox) and i rebooted a few hours ago and it made a short sound and then a long sound. I dont know what that mean (manual says DRAM or M/B error.

What do i do? Thanks for everyone that will/is helping me here after reading my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom