memory problem :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

cthomas10uk

Beta member
hello, i no quite alot about computers and troubleshooting them, but one of them really gets on my nerves. i buy new memory that works the first time so i put it up stairs for the next day, come to format the computer it loads up to the safe boot and then restarts (ok fair enough) then it stays on the memory test once its booted, so i restart nothin comes up switch the power off and on does the same thing so i turn everything off and open up the computer. Change the memory around (2 slots 256mb) and (512mb 400mhz) and still no change but the same sort of memory is in my computer, the other day i tested it before i get some and it was working come to put it in nothin comes on.
can you help me, its done the same to 2 other motherboards same problem.
i think its stactic but im not too sure, i aint got any wipes so i dunno

thank you
chris

If on 3 mobo's there is a problem, that means either the connection to the RAM is not the greatest, the RAM is wrecked, the slots r wrecked, or the mobo's r wrecked. First try to make the connection better , try out wires, then check out the RAM, then try to see if it's the slots, and lastly try out the mobo's.

done it now, found out it wasnt the memory, because there was a lot of dust it overeheated and fried the cpu

ALWAYS CLEAN THE FANS AND THE HEATSINK for the sake of the cpu

thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom