Memory Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is everything I have connected to my PC that could draw power from the PSU:

Ultra X Connect 2 550W PSU Ultra Products X-Connect 2 550W PSU - Big Bruin

-Asus P5B-E Motherboard
-Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2400GHz
-Geforce 8800GTX
-2GB, trying for 4GB DDR2 800 Corsair RAM
-150GB Raptor HD
-IDE DVD-DL Burner
-IDE Floppy
-2 case fans
-Heatsink/Fan
-Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Fata1ity
-Logitech MX518 Mouse and G15 Keyboard

That is just about all I can think of that is connected to my system. My monitors and speakers both have seperate power cables, so I am guessing they have nothing to do with power needed to run system.

Also, my video card isn't dead because it works just fine when I have only 2GB RAM. I will recheck right now to see if the RAM sticks are dead maybe, but I know that all the memory banks on the board are good, and my board is updated to the latest version.

Ok, so now one of my memory sticks don't work. I don't know how that happened, but I took a stick from my dad and put 4GB into my system, and my computer boots up, but it still only shows 3GB. I have Windows Vista 64-bit too. I really don't know what is going on. I meet all the requirements. The board supports 8GB, all the banks work fine, and I have a 64-bit operating system. Please help.

Sorry for tripple posting. Ok, so I fixed the problem. For some reason one of my sticks died, even though when I first got it it was good. Will Newegg give me new sticks.

I read up online that some motherboards need to have the memory remapping feature enabled in the BIOS, and mine was one of those. So now everything works good.

I want to thank you all for your help, and if someone could just let me know about my PSU that would be cool.

How old is the memory. I'm going to RMA the OCZ sticks i bought last week because they were causing me problems so i ended up just ordering some crucial instead.

edit, nm, figured it out. Freaking restocking fee. Should i cancel the rma and say it was defective? It did in fact cause my computer to become unstable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom