memory or motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

pha3r0

Beta member
I am having some memory trouble and i want to know if these might be a problem with my mobo and not the sticks themselves, here is the run down of my testing results.

if i put either memory stick in(2x512 crucial ddr1) memtest86 gives me errors on tests 1-4 and very rarely will throw out something else, the address are all over the place and it odsn't matter what slot i put it in.

If i put both sticks in dual channel mode it will only throw errors on test #5 in the final few percentile of each pass and the memory addresses are the same each pass but will change slightly when i reboot.

In addition to this I am able to boot the PC using a ubuntu live CD and it will run occasionally having different things crash(firefox, gimp, it seems to be rleated to loading and unloading the memory) and sometimes i'll have to reboot before it will load up X or something else equally detrimental.

again the hardware involved is 2x 512 crucial ddr1 pc3700(i think its 3700 cant find any thing on the sticks), mobo is an evga k8-nf47-ax and the processor is an amd 64 3400+ 2.2gHz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom