Memory or hdd error, possibly psu?

Okay so I successfully updated the Kingston firmware, but I cannot for the life of me navigate PNY's website to find firmware. Upon some google searches others are saying they are having the same problems and that PNY pulled its firmware updates for America. Any ideas?

Thanks again man, I really appreciate it

SSD Firmware Update | PNY

So I downloaded both thinks. Within PNY drive utility i select the file to open but it never opens it and there's no button to click upgrade or open like the description says. not sure what the deal is.

It was, but now it's not. I'm not sure if it updated or not.

But now that PNY drive is giving me other issues. I cannot access my steam folder, it says access is denied. When I run treesize it shows the my origin folder as only like 96 mg (not true as I have BF4 installed) and it shows the steamfolder with a lock and 0gb. (also shouldn't be true, as I preloaded Attila total war onto this drive).

Thanks again, and sorry for all this

But now that PNY drive is giving me other issues. I cannot access my steam folder, it says access is denied. When I run treesize it shows the my origin folder as only like 96 mg (not true as I have BF4 installed) and it shows the steamfolder with a lock and 0gb. (also shouldn't be true, as I preloaded Attila total war onto this drive).

ALWAYS do a backup when you suspect a failing HDD/ SSD.. I see noone has advised this yet..

Does Disk Management show the drive correctly at all?

ALWAYS do a backup when you suspect a failing HDD/ SSD.. I see noone has advised this yet..

Because prior to this, there was no indication of drive failure necessarily ;).

When I go to my computer the drive shows up as normal, and it shows it as 76 gb free of 223gb. That would mean that it is recognizes the games i have installed as thats all that is on it

I attempted to just format the drive, as there is nothing on there that I couldn't just reinstall, and now I dont have access to the drive at all.... please help!

Get a GParted LiveCD, boot off of it, and format it through the bootable environment.

Sent from my HTC One

Does Disk Management show the drive correctly at all?

Because prior to this, there was no indication of drive failure necessarily ;).

Its kinda in the thread name, he feared it was a possibility of 3 things, 2nd being a HDD error... :cool: no worries maybe you missed that part.. were all humans! :cool:

Back
Top Bottom