Memory Frequency inconsistent with BIOS setting

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChiliPalmer

Baseband Member
I have an Asus Maximus Formula motherboard with 3GB of Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 RAM. Per Crucial's recommendation, I have set the memory settings to 4-4-4-12, 2.2V, and 800 mhz in the BIOS. The memory is correctly configured in dual channel (2x1GB, 2x512MG)

When I run CPU-Z, it says the frequency is 400.9 mhz. The timings are correct. Command rate is 2T.

According to the Asus manual, the motherboard does not support memory modules made up of 128mb chips. According to Crucial's website, the 1GB sticks are 128mb X 64.

Yet so far, no problems.

Am I missing something? Is the memory actually running at 800 mhz? Or do I need to do something else in the BIOS to get it to that speed?

DDR = Double Data Rate.

RAM speed works in conjunction with the front side bus (FSB) of a computer system. The FSB is the two-way data channel that sends information from the central processing unit (CPU) throughout the motherboard to the various components, including the RAM, BIOS chips, hard drives and PCI slots. Therefore, a computer system with a FSB of 133MHz running DR SDRAM will essentially perform like a 266MHz machine

Source:
What is DDR Ram?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom