Memory errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
Somebody I know bought 1gb(2x512mb) of ram for his Dell Dimension 4550. He installed it and it was working fine for about a month then kept getting BSOD's. So I run memtest on the memory and it found 1026 errors during test 5 and it wasn't halfway done yet. Only one of the sticks was bad. He is still using the other stick. Is there anything I can do with this memory besides throw it away?

Alright i am having a paradox moment. Read the topic title and the author and thought it couldnt be possible.

Memory is have Memory Errors?

Okay with that out of the way....

No. If you got that many errors you can either try to return it for RMA or toss it out. There is nothing that can be done to fix it.

you can experiment with it

wrap it with Vaseline(prevent condensation) and zip lock baggy, throw it in the freezer over night, let it thaw and test again :p

its one of those myths floating around

Yes, and since RAM is fairly cheap, why not just buy some new sticks because it does sound like it could be bad RAM.

Alright i am having a paradox moment. Read the topic title and the author and thought it couldnt be possible.

Memory is have Memory Errors?

Sort of like if you, Mak, was having some MAC issues with your NIC. NO, not you Nick ! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom